- Home >
- The Garden and Planting
The Garden and Planting
The planting in the garden has been designed to flourish in dry conditions and so is ideal on a roof or in a dry garden. The planting for each mound is as follows:
- Lindum Low Maintenance Grass comprises an established mixture of slow-growing and drought-tolerant grasses with low maintenance requirements, growing in a felt mat. The grass incorporates Crested Hairgrass with Hard Fescue and Creeping Red Fescue.
- The Lindum Wildflower and Herb Mat contains a vibrant mixture of wildflowers, herbs, perennials and sedums designed to promote biodiversity and to flourish in dry conditions. It creates an excellent habitat for pollinators such as bumblebees, and also for butterflies, birds and invertebrates. The mixture includes Viper’s Bugloss, Oxeye Daisy, Common Yarrow, Rough Hawkbit, Lady’s Bedstraw, Cat’s Ear and Yellow Camomile, three sedum varieties and herbs such as Wild Marjoram and Thyme, and flowering perennials such as Dianthus.
- A matrix of drought tolerant grasses and larger perennials.
The full perennial planting list included:
- Allium ‘Purple Sensation’ – purple
- Artemisia ‘Powys Castle’ – silver
- Artemisia ‘Valerie Finns’ – silver
- Carex comans ‘Bronze’ – bronze
- Cirsium rivulare ‘Atropurpureum’ – red
- Echium russicum – red
- Erigeron karvinskianus – white
- Euphorbia ‘Fens Ruby’ – yellow
- Foeniculum vulgare ‘Purpureum’ – purple
- Geum ‘Princess Juliana’ – orange
- Hemerocallis ‘Sammy Russell’ – red
- Penstemon digitalis ‘Husker Red’ – white
- Sedum ‘Munstead Red’ – grey
- Stachys ‘Big Ears’ – silver
- Salvia nemorosa ‘Caradonna’ – purple
- Stipa arundinacea – orange