Yorkshire turf producer Lindum has provided more t...
- Home >
- LT2 – Low Maintenance Fine Turf
LT2 – Low Maintenance Fine Turf
Lindum has developed LT2, a low maintenance fine turf, requiring less irrigation, fewer fertiliser inputs and a greatly reduced mowing regime, so grass can still be used as an environmentally sustainable option.
- Fine appearance
- Slow growth habit
- Drought tolerant
- Salt tolerant
- Reduced irrigation, fertiliser and fungicide inputs
- Reduced mowing requirements
- Once established, will mow down to 5mm or can be left to grow to natural height of 200mm
- Areas where reduced mowing and maintenance is required
- Exposed drought prone areas
- Difficult banks
- Highway verges
- Coastal locations
- Intensive – Greens and greens surrounds as a fescue green replacement
- Extensive – Fairways, bunker surrounds and semi-rough; exposed drought prone areas; difficult banks where mowing is a problem; low fertility areas
- Links courses – Areas where salt tolerance is required
Green roofs – Extensive green roofs requiring a turf grass finish with low maintenance requirements
25% Barkoel Crested Hairgrass, 20% Hardtop Hard Fescue, 35% Barpearl Slender Creeping Red Fescue, 20% Bargreen Chewings Fescue
Standard rolls: 1 metre square
Large rolls: 0.75m or 1.1m x 28m
Final thickness: 15-20mm
15-20kg per m2 depending on saturation
Grassfelt is a mature soil-les turf grown into a felt made from recycled British textiles, especially designed to give great strength and flexibility. LT2 Low Maintenance Grassfelt is ideal for true low maintenance situations such as steep banks and sculptured mounds.
Specification Guidance Notes:
Turf to comply with the TGA (Turfgrass Growers Association) Standard and BS3969.
The turf soil should be of a sandy loam nature with no stones.
The grass will be dense, of uniform green colour, free of broadleaved weeds and not visibly affected by pest of disease.