LT6 Sports turf is designed to withstand the wear and tear inflicted on sports pitches, from rugby stadiums, football pitches and training grounds, to racecourses and school pitches.
LT6 is a turf with ryegrass as the main constituent, yet with a strong presence of smoothed stalked meadow grass, valuable for wear and recovery in a difficult winter. Once in play, the fescue element will reduce allowing the smooth stalked meadow grass to increase to a level dictated by the management regime.
- Hard wearing
- Quick recovery
- Disease resistant
- Sports pitches
- Racecourses and equestrian
- Turf for high wear landscaping
- 30% Columbine Perennial Ryegrass
- 30% Melbourne Perennial Ryegrass
- 25% Julius Smooth Stalked Meadow Grass
- 15% Carousel Slender Creeping Red Fescue
LT6 Sports turf is available in several formats:
- Standard turf – cost effective sports surfaces on well-drained soil/sandy loam profiles. Establishment time: 7-8 weeks
- Washed turf – LT6 is harvested as a mature, washed turf. It is used for new sports surfaces constructed with high specification sand profile or fibre reinforced rootzone. Establishment time: 3-5 weeks dependant on temperature.
- Fibre Reinforced Lindum Lokturf – LT6 is grown into an imported Loksand crimped reinforced Rootzone, harvested as a 40mm thick turf. With benefits including improved wear tolerance, rapid drainage properties, reduced devoting and increased load baring, it is used for replacement or repairs on existing fibre reinforced rootzones and is also suitable for grass car parking, fire access roads and walkways. Establishment time: 2-3 days.
- Thick Rootzone turf – LT6 can be custom grown in an imported sand/soil Rootzone and harvested at up to 40mm thickness. It can be used instantly and is compatible with existing rootzones. It can be grown to order for replacement of whole pitches during playing season. Establishment time: 2-3 days.
- Standard rolls: 1 square metre
- Large rolls: 0.73m or 1.05m x 28m
- Final thickness: 15-20mm
Weight: 15-20KG per square metre depending on saturation
Specification Guidance Notes:
- Turf to comply with the TGA (Turf Grass Growers Association) Standard and BS3969
- The turf soil should be of sandy loam nature with no stones.
- The grass will be dense, of uniform green colour, free from broadleaved weeds and not visibly affected by pest of disease.
Download our Sports Technical Sheet here