Leading wildflower and turf grower Lindum has been...
- Home >
- LT9 – RTF
LT9 – RTF
Bred by Barenburg Research, Rhizomatous Tall Fescue (RTF), is a new generation of tall fescue which produces rhizomes (an underground stem) that send a shoot up to the soil surface while extending new roots downwards.
- Deep rooting up to 1.5 metres
- Produces rhizomes (underground stems) for repair of damaged areas
- Promotes deep-r0oting capabilities, with great tolerance to drought and water logging
- Excellent heat tolerance
- Good shade tolerance under higher mowing heights (50mm)
- Needs less water than other cool season grasses and as a result has been awarded the prestigious Waterwise marque
- Produces a strong, hard wearing sward
- Combination of rhizomes and deep roots aids soil stabilisation
- Lawns and general landscaping – for lawns and areas subject to water restrictions, and for soil stabilisation
- Turf for Contractors and Specifiers
- Golf – for walkways and bunker surrounds
30% rhizomatous tall fescue, 55% tall fescue, 15% smooth stalked meadow grass
- Standard rolls: 1 metre square
- Large rolls: 0.75m or 1.1m x 28m
- Final thickness: 15-20mm
Specification Guidance Notes:
- Turf to comply with the TGA (Turfgrass Growers Association) Standard and BS3969.
- The turf soil should be of a sandy loam nature with no stones.
- The grass will be dense, of uniform green colour, free of broadleaved weeds and not visibly affected by pest or disease.