- Home >
- Nectar-rich wildflowers to attract pollinators
Creating a Wildflower Meadow
It is easy to create your wildflower meadow with Lindum Wildflower Turf.
Lindum Wildflower Turf comes as a ready to roll out pre-grown meadow in a moisture retentive felt carpet. The felt medium that the plants are growing in acts as a grass/weed barrier which retains moisture and helps the wildflowers to establish quickly in the soil below.
- Existing vegetation should be removed and a light tilth prepared.
- For best results the soil should be free draining and not compacted. Wildflowers perform best in hungry soils as high fertility will encourage more competitive grasses and weeds. If necessary remove rich top soil.
- Do not fertilise either before or after laying.
- Simply roll out Lindum Wildflower on to damp ground. Peg down the ‘carpet’ if on steep slopes or undulating ground.
- Water thoroughly after laying. Do not allow the Lindum Wildflower to dry out during establishment.
- Once established, Lindum Wildflower needs very little maintenance. In the autumn after the plants have shed their seed, cut the plants back to 50-75mm in length using a strimmer or mower and collect and remove the cuttings.
- On more fertile ground, an additional cut may be required in early spring.